13.3. Replacement of rubber casings of power shafts
In representative office of SAAB it is possible to acquire the set containing all necessary components for replacement of casings of power shafts.
1. Remove the corresponding power shaft (address the Section Removal, survey and installation to the place of power shafts).
2. Remove a ring clip and the tripodny hinge from the internal end of a power shaft (you look the subsection "Survey" of the Section Removal, survey and installation to the place of power shafts).
3. Remove the remained collar from an internal casing, then remove a casing from a power shaft. Remove both collars from an external casing, then shift a casing on a power shaft and remove it from the internal end.
4. Carefully clear components of a power shaft and the hinge, having used for this purpose kerosene or other suitable solvent. In case casings are subject to replacement owing to wear or damage, remember that hinges of equal angular speeds and universal hinges have to be surely hammered with new lubricant.
5. Having seized the opportunity examine universal hinges and hinges of equal angular speeds regarding detection of signs of early wear (address the Section Removal, survey and installation to the place of power shafts).
6. Put on the first rubber casing the internal end of a power shaft. Shift a casing on a shaft towards the hinge of equal angular speeds. You watch at the same time to damaging sealing surfaces of a casing. Hammer the CV hinge with lubricant of the required grade from service set.
7. Fix a casing on the CV hinge and a power shaft by collars.
8. Establish the second casing on the internal end of a power shaft and fix it by a collar.
9. Put on the tripodny hinge the shlitsovanny end of a power shaft and fix it by a ring clip. Fill a casing lubricant from service set.
10. Holding one hand a power shaft, turn a rotary fist to the car aside. Insert the tripodny hinge into a cup of the universal hinge, watching that rollers freely slid in the flutes. Exactly put on a casing the universal hinge, then fix it by a collar.
11. Fix a suspension bracket rack on a rotary fist of the steering mechanism and tighten bolts with the required effort; if necessary address the Head Podvesk and steering. On the cars equipped with the ABS system do not forget to establish a wheel sensor cable bracket on a bolt of the lower support of a rack.
12. Insert into a clip on the rack case a brake hose.
13. Establish into place a loker of an internal wing and tighten fixing screws.
14. Establish into place a wheel and bolts of fastening of a wheel, then lower the car on the earth.
15. Tighten bolts of fastening of a wheel with the required effort and establish into place a decorative cap of a disk.
Do not allow hit of lubricant on the painted surfaces of the car - lubricant is aggressive structure.